Keeping in touch during the school closure
- Email us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter: @stjohnsmarlb
What information has been sent to parents and students?
Download letters here:
What’s happening about exams?
Ofqual has published guidance about grading for GCSEs and A-levels this summer. Read more on our Exams page here
What’s happening about Free School Meals?
We are now working with Edenred UK which is delivering supermarket vouchers on behalf of the DfE to families with free school meal entitlement. If you are entitled to receive vouchers, you will receive this support;
- In the form of an eCode that you can redeem online from a selection of supermarket ‘eGift cards’ if the school has a working email address for you, or;
- If you do not have an email address or access to the internet, we will print off the voucher, or ‘eGift card’, and post it to your home address, or arrange a collection if easy and safe to do so.
How do I access work for students?
Resources are available on Show My Homework (SmH) to support St John’s students studying at home.
- If you have any difficulty accessing SmH, email our ICT Helpdesk ICTHelpdesk@stjohns.excalibur.org.uk.
- All students and parents should have access to Show My Homework. More information about logging in to Show My Homework is located here.
- Students should also check their emails daily.
Where can I get help?
- Wiltshire Council guidance: “Looking after yourself, looking after your children”
- St John’s Working at home guide
03/04 20 Ofqual has today published guidance about grading for GCSEs and A-levels this summer. Read more on our Exams page here
27/03/20 During these difficult times, the English department at St. John’s will be setting students a new prompt to inspire them to write. At the end of each week, we will choose the best entry and – with the winning student’s permission – we will be publishing it on our “Writing While the World Stands Still” page for other students, parents and staff to read and enjoy.
26/03/20 We’ll be sending regular letters and news bulletins to parents and students, so remember to check your emails. Year 11 & Sixth Form letters were sent out this week. You can read them all on the website. This week’s Year 11 letter includes an Exams FAQ section.
24/03/20 We will keep in touch with parents and students. If you need to contact us, use the email address email@example.com as the best way of keeping in touch with us about issues relating to the current situation. We’ll also keep the website updated, and you can follow us on Twitter @StJohnsMarlb
24/03/20 Students: If you’re having any problems logging in to Show my Homework or Hegarty Maths, remember they are very busy. If you can’t log in at the moment, please try later
19/03/20 Wiltshire Council has issued a helpful guide: “Looking after yourself, looking after your children”. Download it here
19/03/20 Check our advice for students working at home here.
19/03/20 A range of resources is available on Show My Homework(SmH) to support students studying at home. A summary of Key Stage 3 work is available here.
18/03/20 St John’s Marlborough parents have now been informed by email that from Thursday 19th March 2020 the academy will open only for Year 7, 11 & 13 students. Year 8, 9, 10 & 12 students will need to work from home for the foreseeable future. More here
17/03/20 We will publish a range of resources on Show My Homework to support students studying at home. Unfortunately we have reached a point where we cannot organise bespoke work for individual students or respond to individual queries. All students and parents should have access to Show My Homework. More information about logging in to Show My Homework on our website here
16/03/20 All St John’s after school clubs are cancelled with effect from Tue 17 Mar, for the remainder of this term.
16/03/20 With effect from Wed 18 March all external evening and weekend bookings have been cancelled. Apologies for any inconvenience.
17/03/20 12:00 the following meetings and events have been cancelled or postponed:
- 24th March Ski Trip meeting POSTPONED
- 26th March Spring Concert CANCELLED
- 30th March Watersports Trip meeting POSTPONED
- 1st April KS3 Performing Arts Festival CANCELLED
- 1st April Year 12 Cardiff University Open Day visit CANCELLED
- 2nd April Year 8 Parents’ Evening CANCELLED
- 2nd & 3rd April Year 12 work shadowing CANCELLED, although possibly will be rescheduled