The 16-19 tuition fund is a ring-fenced fund for the academic year 2021-2022 which is provided by the government to support specific learners in the 6th form who have had their learning disrupted by Covid 19. The fund can be used for English, Maths, vocational and/or academic learning. Students who have not yet achieved grade 4 in English or Maths GCSE will be prioritised for support.
Who can receive support?
- Students aged 16-19 who have not yet gained a grade 5 in English or Maths GCSE
- Students with SEND
- Students from economically deprived areas who would benefit from catch up support
What support will students receive?
The fund will be used to support the following activities in the academic year 2021-2022:
- Small group additional sessions for Maths GCSE retake students who do not achieve a Grade 4 in November
- One to one tuition for English GCSE retake students
- Small group literacy sessions to support A level courses for students who do not have a grade 5 in English
Tuition support will be offered to individuals who meet the criteria on an individual need basis.