Attendance and Absence
Student Absence Line:
01672 515081 (Years 7-11)
01672 517830 (Sixth Form)
St John’s School believes good attendance and punctuality gives students a better opportunity for success academically and personally thus helping towards developing their skills for life. All students deserve to be able to make the most of the opportunities available to them at St John’s. Good attendance and punctuality are essential now and in the future.
- We ask all parents to telephone the school absence line number 01672 515081 (Year 7-11) or 01672 517830 (Sixth Form) every day of any absence. Otherwise our automated attendance system will call you to validate the absence.
- Unexplained or unauthorised absences are regarded as truancy and will be recorded as such.
- Medical or other appointments in school time should be avoided if at all possible but if not a Leave of Absence form must be obtained from the school. A half day is considered sufficient for most appointments.
- Frequent absences will be investigated and the Education Welfare Service may then be involved.
- Please note that by law Headteachers are no longer permitted to grant leave of absence except in exceptional circumstances such as a family member funeral.
Please see below under the “Downloads” drop-down for more information about attendance, including our December 2019 Attendance newsletter.